Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: A moment

Good morning, all. :) Hope you all had a great weekend, I know mine has only just begun because my son is on Spring Break. Lots and lots of fun! ;) I have another word for it, or rather two words. No writing. I love him, but he's a little whirling dirvish, for sure.

So taking a quiet moment away for myself I decided this week to go back to my newly released book, A Moment. This is the blurb, just to get your all caught up on what's happening in the book.

New Adult College Romance:

Ryan Cosgrove and Liliana Delgado are on a collision course with destiny. They don't know it yet, but before the night is over their lives will be forever changed.

Spending Valentine's Day at a burlesque bar, hadn't been Liliana's ideal way of spending a Friday night. She'd much rather be back at campus, doing homework... until she meets Ryan. Tall, athletic, and gorgeous, Lili can't keep her eyes off him, and despite his gruff manners and drunken disposition she's intrigued.

Ryan's got demons, and they're deep, dark, and eating him alive. Regardless of his attraction to the petite brunette he's tired of fighting, of pretending the last fifteen years haven't been a daily struggle just to get out of bed every morning. That night he decides to end his pain, to leave it all behind and float away into the blessed darkness of oblivion. But fate has other plans for him, Lily finds and rescues Ryan, determined she'll not only save his body, but his soul too.

This is their moment...

So here's their first time meeting as seen through the hero's eyes:


So I look around, following his gaze and it’s like someone just pulled the floor out from under me. A petite Hispanic woman is walking toward him with an equally large smile on her face.

Her hair is dark and silky, glinting under the dim red lights of the bar, it spills down her back in a graceful heap. Her body is toned and trim, legs a mile long and encased in a tight pair of red pant, a white top accentuates the bronze of her arms.

But her face is the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen. Heart shaped, with a tiny cleft in the jaw, full lipped and a short button nose. She stops in front of us carrying the scent of flowers with her.

Which is amazing I can even smell that because the bar reeks of scotch and smoke and food.

Turning green eyes toward me, she smiles. “Hi, I’m Liliana.”
 
Okay! That's it, hope you all have a great week and make sure to check out the other fantastic www.wewriwa.com authors!
 
Happy reading,
~Marie



7 comments:

Veronica Scott said...

I can see why he's smitten, terrific description. Loved the premise of the story - excellent excerpt!

Elaine Cantrell said...

She sounds lovely.

Siobhan Muir said...

Great meeting snippet, Marie. I like how he enjoys her approach. :)

Jayn Wilde said...

Makes me want to read it all over again! LOL I love these two and couldn't put the book (err...computer) down. Ryan is HOT and Lili is amazing!

Kate said...

Great description. He's clearly not going to be able to resist her.

Teresa Cypher said...

Nice, Marie--it reads as smooth as silk. :-)

Teresa Cypher said...

Hey Marie,wanted to mention, if you have something you'd like me to tweet--a free book promotion, a new book release, etc, if you leave a message on my blog OR if you tweet what you'd like me to retweet to my followers, add @teresa_willow to the tweet, I'll see it and RT it :-)