Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: Ryan's descent into darkness

So picking up where I left off, obviously you know at this point Ryan has his demons... here's a glimpse into his head. Warning: His head is a dark, lonely place...


I’d worked my entire life to forget, to fight and forget. To become a man, to never look back. But I’m stuck in a revolving door, no matter how many times I push, all I ever really do is stay in place. I’d flown halfway across the world, but could never outrun Texas. Could never get away, because the dog is always on my heels, always there to remind me who I really am.

Squeezing my eyes shut, a terrible sound draws from my mouth, one I’d never heard before. I can’t do this anymore, can’t pretend, can’t keep lying that it isn’t hurting, isn’t killing me a little every day.

He wins, but I think in the end he always knew that.
 
Okay, that's it, be sure to check out the other www.wewirwa.com authors!
 
I'm aiming to release A Moment sometime next week! I'll update here soon as I pinpoint an exact date.
 
Happy reading,
~Marie

8 comments:

Jess Schira said...

I love the tone of his voice. Great snippet!

Teresa Cypher said...

Wow! A BIG haunting secret buried in his thoughts. Deeply flawed characters are the best--and you write this one so well! :-) Great 8, Marie! :-)

Sara Harris said...

POWERFUL 8! And your character is right, no matter where you go, you simply can't outrun Texas! Love it!

India Masters said...

Loved your 8! Can't wait to read the whole thing!

Veronica Scott said...

Intense and I SO feel for him - can't wait to read the entire story. Excellent excerpt!

Siobhan Muir said...

Wow, that is intense pain and suffering. I was reminded of Darth Vader (just spent the weekend watching the first three Star Wars movies) and his desperate pain. Nicely done, Marie. :)

Kate said...

Intense. You're right about his head being a dark and lonely place. He needs a happy thought.

HistorySleuth said...

A mysterious snippet! Now I want to know what he's talking about!