Friday, April 5, 2013

Hook Update

I'm not going to say too much today, but I've got a secret. A good one, you'll know next week. What I will share though is a favorite scene:


“I’ll leave.” She nodded firmly.

“Hmm…” Peter rubbed his chin.

And just when she thought that maybe, just maybe she’d gained ground and that the tide had turned he asked the one question she knew would get them all salivating again.

“Swear your oath of fealty to the Lost Boys, agree that Captain Hook is evil, and you shall not be sentenced to death.”

Licking her lips, she closed her eyes and gave a tiny snort. Death by brat, she doubted that. And she refused to cower to a kid. He wanted truth, she'd give him truth.

“The only bad boy I’ve met here has been you. I do not swear that oath, and I do not think he is evil. I like him.”

     Peter jerked as if he’d been slapped, then his hands curled and...

Well, I guess you'll have to read the book to find out what happens next. ;)

Have a great weekend all!
~Marie

2 comments:

Just Judy's Jumbles said...

Ohhhh. Took me a minute to figure out that was Peter Pan :-)

Joselyn said...

oh my gosh soo coollll

Want Moreeeee D: